If you or your partner/spouse are considering breaking up/divorce, but are not sure, consider doing Discernment Counseling.
- Gain clarity and confidence about what steps to take next with your relationship
- Look at three sides of your problems: yours, your partner’s, and an objective professional’s perspective
- Evaluate the possibility of solving your problems and staying committed together
- Decide whether to move towards divorce/breaking up or make a last all-out effort to restore your relationship to health
- Understand what has happened to your relationship
Discernment Counseling is short term, just 1-5 sessions, and usually leads to a decision to either break up/divorce or give the relationship a major last effort, with a clear agenda for change.